CDS › Community › Representative Assembly
The Representative Assembly consists of five members. It is elected every six months by the citizens of the CDS, and its responsibilities are:
- the creation and curation of legislation
- approval of the Chancellor’s budget
- appointment of one Representative Assembly member and two citizens-at-large to the Land Use Commission each term
- appointment of a Museum of Contemporary Art Curator each term
- approval of major changes within the estate
- the confirmation of new members to be appointed for the Scientific Council.
From amongst the Representative Assembly, the Leader of the Representative Assembly is elected. His/her function is to serve as the chairperson of Representative Assembly meetings which shall take place at least once per month. Traditionally the Leader drafts the agenda and proposes changes or updates to laws, but other Representative Assembly members may make these proposals as well.
- Current and Former Members
- Record of Meetings
- Rules of Procedure
- RA Announcements Forum
- RA Discussion Forum